DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Last updated [09/04/2021]
The protection of your personal data is important to the BNP Paribas Group , which has adopted strong principles in that respect in its Personal Data Protection Charter available at https://group.bnpparibas/uploads/file/bnpparibas_personal_data_privacy_charter.pdf.
This Data Protection Notice provides you (as further defined in section 2) with transparent and detailed information relating to the protection of your personal data by BNP Paribas SA – 16 boulevard des Italiens, 75009 Paris (?we?).
We are responsible, as a controller, for collecting and processing your personal data, in relation to our activities. The purpose of this Data Protection Notice is to let you know which personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we use and share such data, how long we keep it, what your rights are and how you can exercise them.
Further information may be provided where necessary when you apply for a specific product or service.
1. WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE USE ABOUT YOU?
We collect and use your personal data, meaning any information that identifies or allows to identify you, to the extent necessary in the framework of our activities. We collect various types of personal data about you, including:
– information about your device (IP address, technical specifications and uniquely identifying data)
We never ask for any other sensitive personal data such as data related to your racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation, unless it is required through a legal obligation.
2. WHY AND ON WHICH BASIS DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In this section we describe how and why we use your personal data and draw your attention to some data processing we consider could be more impactful for you and, in some cases, may require your consent.
a. To fulfil our legitimate interest
We use your personal data, for:
– security reasons and IT systems performance,
In any case, our legitimate interest remains proportionate and we verify according to a balancing test that your interests or fundamental rights are preserved. Should you wish to obtain more information about such balancing test, please contact us using the contact details provided in section 9 ?How to contact us? below.
3. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
a. Sharing aggregated or anonymized information
We share aggregated or anonymised information within and outside the BNP Paribas Group with partners such as research groups, universities or advertisers. You won?t be able to be identified from this information.
Your data may be aggregated into anonymised statistics that may be offered to professional clients to assist them in developing their business. In this case your personal data will never be disclosed and those receiving these anonymised statistics will be unable to identify you.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will retain your personal data over the period required to comply with applicable laws and regulations or another period with regard to our operational requirements, such as proper account maintenance, facilitating client relationship management, and responding to legal claims or regulatory requests. For instance, most of client?s information is kept for the duration of the contractual relationship and 1 year after the end of the contractual relationship. For prospects, information is kept 18 months.
5. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
In accordance with applicable regulations and where applicable, you have the following rights:
– To access: you can obtain information relating to the processing of your personal data, and a copy of such personal data.
– To rectify: where you consider that your personal data are inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that such personal data be modified accordingly.
– To erase: you can require the deletion of your personal data, to the extent permitted by law.
– To restrict: you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
– To object: you can object to the processing of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling related to such direct marketing.
– To withdraw your consent: where you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
– To data portability: where legally applicable, you have the right to have the personal data you have provided to us be returned to you or, where technically feasible, transferred to a third party.
If you wish to exercise the rights listed above, please send a letter to the following address (Please include a scan/copy of your proof of identity for identification purpose when required.)
Contrôle Permanent – Gestion des droits
Code ACI : CAT06A1
16 rue de Hanovre 75002 PARIS
In accordance with applicable regulation, in addition to your rights above, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
6. HOW CAN YOU KEEP UP WITH CHANGES TO THIS DATA PROTECTION NOTICE?
In a world of constant technological changes, we may need to regularly update this Data Protection Notice.
We invite you to review the latest version of this notice online and we will inform you of any material changes through our website or through our other usual communication channels.
7. HOW TO CONTACT US?
If you have any questions relating to our use of your personal data under this Data Protection Notice, please contact our data protection officer at email@example.com, who will handle your query. You can also learn more about the processing of our clients personal data by checking our [Business Data Protection Notice link to be added]
If you wish to learn more about cookies and Security, please read our cookies policy and our client security policy [link to be added].